Posted on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 in Blog, Selling Advice
With Easter just a week or so away is now the right time to put your home on the market and look for the next one?
Here are 6 reasons why I think it could be the perfect time.
- Traditionally Easter is seen as the start of Spring which is always associated with home buying. Historically buyers have used the Easter weekend as a great opportunity to get out and start viewing property (nowadays with the internet changing how people search for property this is less of the case but we are creatures of habit and most buyers if asked believe Easter is the time to view).
- Easter normally coincides with the clocks going forward bringing lighter evenings which encourages buyers to view property after work. Many people now prefer to view after work rather than take up valuable weekend time (we open until 7pm each weekday to accommodate this preference).
- Many parents find out which school their child will be attending in March and then look to move home before the start of the school year in September.
- Gardens are begining to come to life after winter with blossom on the trees and flowers springing up in the flower beds, plus lawns can often be cut and all of these make a home feel tidier and more alive.
- Many buyers like the idea of moving into their new home in the summer and as most sales now take on average 8-12 weeks to complete this coincides nicely with Easter.
- The weather starts to improve around this time of year making it more enjoyable to get out and view property (Okay maybe I’m being a bit too optimistic about this one).
If these reasons have whetted your appetite and you would like to find out how easy it could be to sell your home at this time of year please get in touch with us on 01772 972904 or go to our website www.limeestateagents.co.uk to book a valuation online.
Owner of Lime Estate Agents