What type of survey should I have?

Posted on Monday, July 13th, 2015 in Buying Advice

Whether or not you need a mortgage to buy your next home it is important to make sure you get expert advice on the condition of the property from a qualified surveyor.

There are various types of report available depending on your requirements and that of the property.

Mortgage valuation

Not a survey but an assessment of whether the property offers sufficient security for the required mortgage amount. The valuer is just concerned with any problems that might affect the security of the loan.

Home Condition Report

Describes the condition of the property and highlights any urgent defects.

Home Buyers Report

Includes all the features of the condition report plus a market valuation and insurance rebuild costs. It also advises on defects that may affect the value of the property along with repairs and maintenance advice.

Building Survey

The most comprehensive report with an in-depth analysis of the property’s condition as well as advice on defects, repairs and maintenance options.

If you would like help in finding a surveyor then let us know and we will put you in touch with experienced local companies.